Wednesday, January 7, 2009

I really need to start being more productive

There is so much fucking television on tonight at 10pm that it's maddening.

Let me rephrase that because of course there's so much fucking television on at 10pm there are a million channels - what I meant was there is so much fucking television that I want to watch on at 10pm tonight that it's maddening.

First there's the premiere of Damages season 2 which no one watches except for me and Jess Cantrell, but that everyone should be watching cuz guess what - it's awesome.

Then there are my Top Chefs who I haven't seen in what feels like forever, but has actually only been two weeks (it may actually be three by now I'm not sure). Nevertheless I'm eager to get reacquainted with them and see Carla's wonderful crazy face.

Then there's the Barbara Walters interview with Patrick Swayze which I kind of don't want to watch because I only want to remember Patrick Swayze as being Bodhi and he doesn't look like Bodhi anymore which makes me feel bad. I happen to really like Patrick Swayze. I like his movies. I like his first name and he seems like a genuinely good person. I really hope he can pull through and kick cancer's ass like he did all those rednecks in Road House or Anthony Kiedis in Point Break, but from what I've heard he doesn't have a lot of time and frankly that makes me very sad.

And finally, there's The Real World: Brooklyn. Now, I have not watched a Real World with any semblance of regularity since Las Vegas which, you'll recall, is the year in which the show lost any stitch of redeeming social value whatsoever and basically became a booze and fuck fest.

I'm not sure what's drawing me to this edition, the shows 21st. Maybe it's the fact that the show is now of legal drinking age (well not really. It hasn't been on for 21 years, it's just had 21 editions but that's no matter) and I can remember where I was when the franchise started and also remember having the biggest crush in the world on innocent farm girl Julie. I'm sure some of it has to do with the fact that it's taking place in Red Hook and I'll recognize some of the places they go to get shitcanned, which is always fun. I'm also looking forward to pretentious hipsters mocking RW cast members, even though most of them would kill to be on television and probably would have joined the cast in a hot second (why else does one live in Brooklyn these days and wear scarves - me included, except the living in Brooklyn part, but definitely the scarves part). Then there's MTV stating that this edition of The Real World is going back to the basics of the first few seasons and not just casting pretty boys and girls who refer to Jack Daniels and Jose Cuervo as "my friends Jack and Jose" (seriously if you are still doing that, or know someone who is, please tell them to stop) and then fuck in a tub somewhere, preferably of the hot variety. No, they insist these people will be different and the show is going try and be relevant and thought provoking like it was back when cast mates would argue over the dirty guy sticking his finger in the peanut butter. You know, important topics.

Regardless, I'm gonna show up and maybe it will suck, but I'm certainly not prepared to find out it's awesome and that I've missed the train so...

No comments: